Best Pressure Cooker
Pressure cooker is a handy kitchen gadget to reduce cooking time , particularly if you’re a working mother.
In addition to saving time, the best pressure cooker has other advantages such as – requires less water to cook than other traditional cooking types. As a result, food cooking in it should contain more minerals and vitamins. Since the food will not be exposed to air when cooking, the nutrients will not be oxidized.
While it’s a basic cooking device, you need to remember a few things when buying a pressure cooker.
Capacity-Many of India’s pressure cookers range from 0.5 L to 9 L. 3 Liter capacity is adequate for a family of 3 to 4 members. The power of 5 liters is good enough to cook food for 5 to 7 members. So, choose the size of your family.
Material – Stainless steel, bronze, and anodized aluminum are widely used materials. Stainless steel and hard anodized and stainless steel are a safer option because they do not react with any acid released during cooking.
Outer Lid or Inner Lid – both of these choices are ideal for direct vessel cooking. But if you use a separator or an idli stand, the outer lid is the right choice.
These are The 8 Best Pressure Cooker in India 2020
Best Pressure Cooker in India
1. Pigeon by Stovekraft Pressure Cooker – Best Pressure Cooker
No products found.
Under its flagship brands Pigeon, Stove Kraft Limited the leading manufacturer of cooking appliances and cookware.
This cooker is designed with a hard-anodized body and a stainless steel lid which makes any kitchen perfect. It is handi-shaped and designed specifically for traditional Indian cuisine.
This pressure cooker is metal spoon friendly to ensure that your product looks new it comes with features such as scratch resistant, stain resistant and resistant to sticking. It has an induction base and can work on any kind of source of heat.
Warranty: Product has 5 years
- It features an integrated indicator of safety in the form of pressure indicators, safety plug, and controlled gasket release system
- It suits every sort of heat source
- Last handles
No products found.
2. Hawkins Contura Hard Anodised Aluminium Pressure Cooker – Best Pressure Cooker
No products found.
Hawkins is an Indian company based in Mumbai that produces pressure cooker and cooking utensils. Through the brands Hawkins, Futura, Contura, Hevibase, Big Boy and Ventura, they market their products.
If you are looking for a pressure cooker that uses less water to prepare your meal, then Hawkins contura hard anodized aluminum pressure cooker is the best option by preserving the nutritional value of the food.
This cooker has a wide opening and is designed with a curved body that makes it easy to move, comes with black hard-anodized aluminum and stainless steel in the food grade.
The strong, 60 micron black finish makes the pressure cooker absorb heat faster by making it more energy-efficient.
Warranty: This cooker comes with warranty of 5 years
- It can easily serve 3 to 4 people, as it has a capacity of 3liters
- This uses less water to cook meals while maintaining food’s nutritional value
- Compatible with gas cooker
- Induction cook tops are not compatible
No products found.
3. Prestige Deluxe plus Hard Anodized Outer Lid Pressure Cooker – Hard Anodized Best Pressure Cooker
- Warranty: 5 years
- For any issues, contact_us on: [1800-123-334545]
- BASE: Prestige Deluxe Duo+ HA base is Stainless steel perforated (holes) plate, machine pressed to Aluminium cooker base. Apart from being compatible with induction cooktops, the unique base ensures even heat distribution without heat spots.
- BODY: It is an outer lid pressure cooker made from virgin aluminium which is hard anodised for aesthetic looks and long lasting durability. The Handi shape of the body makes it ideal for cooking variety of Indian cuisines. It comes with a stainless steel outer lid which look aesthetic and is more durable.
- PRECISION WEIGHT VALVE: It is the first level of safety feature to release pressure above 1kg/cm2, which makes the cooking safe and time saving for you.
TKK prestige is a well-known Indian manufacturer that specializes under the brand name of prestige in kitchen appliances such as pressure cookers, non-stick cookware etc ..
Prestige Deluxe plus hard Anodized outer lid pressure cooker built with a flat base and comes with induction base, making it simple to use on ovens, induction cook tops as well as gas cookers.
The anodizing quality makes it scratch-proof, stain-resistant, and proof of sticking. This helps to cook evenly because the cooker comes with a thick base and also helps to maintain the nutritional value of food products.
Precision Value for Weight:
It is the safety feature that removes the pressure above 1 kg / cm2, to save you time and make you cook healthy.
Controlled System for gasket release:
When there is some blockage to the vent tube, CGRS will expel the steam from the cooktop. This is the safety feature of the 2nd level provided in a prestigious pressure cooker.
Double Strong Screw handles:
The handles are designed to allow for easy use of the cooker. The sturdy handles for flame guards ensure extra grip and make your use comfortable and durable.
Making the cooker easy to use the visual pressure level indicator helps to show the appropriate time for opening the cooker lid.
It has supplier warranty for 5 years.
- It has a capacity of 3 liters and can hold up to 3 to 4 people.
- Pressure indicator which makes cooker suitable for use
- This cooker comes with induction base that can operate on any source of heat.
- Rice often sticks to the aluminum bowl ‘s bottom
4. Pristine Induction stainless steel cooker – Best Pressure Cooker
- Tri ply induction bottom sandwich base for efficient and faster cooking thus preventing food from getting burnt
- Long life silicon rubber gasket and ergonomically designed strong sturdy stay cool handles, Lid Type: Outer Lid
- Safety features preinstalled like safety plug, weight valve and gasket release system
- Material: heavy gauge 304 18/8 imported prime stainless steel
- Note: pressure cooker is entirely made-up of stainless steel, inner surface has matt finish
Finally, we have stainless steel cooker Flawless induction cookware. This is one of the most inexpensive and the most compact pressure cooker on the list.
While not known to many, Pristine ‘s goods compensate for its success for its popularity. This pressure cooker comes with the design of an apple cut that distributes the heat from the edge. While it helps keep your food hot after cooking for a long time.
Made of highly durable stainless steel, a sandwich-based Induction Bottom is also given. All the materials used in it help to improve heat conduction and will help to cook the food more quickly. This is ideal for use on a cooktop with induction as well as on standard gas stoves.
There is no side handle, and only the closure handles can handle the cooker. Be vigilant when holding and handling it at all times, as its capacity is only 2 liters, you will cook food for an average of 2-3 persons.
The cooker is tiny and very quick to clean. Although the product does not have an ISI label, Pristine gives you a decent 2-year manufacturer’s warranty which makes this small cooker a buy for people looking for an immediate solution.
- Low and elegant
- Project for even heat distribution
- Quick to tidy
- Locking clean
- 2 Year Quality Assurance Warranty
- Is not accredited according to ISI
- Does not have flank handles
5. Butterfly stainless steel Pressure Cooker – Best Pressure Cooker
- Ergonomically and Aesthetically designed, easy grip, stay cool handle
- Handle with special lock arrangement for uni-directional rotation, Dishwasher Safe: Yes
- Specially formulated food -grade rubber gasket for longer life and Gasket release system for safety
- Fast and energy efficient cooking
- Precisely designed weight set for fast cooking
As with Prestige, Butterfly is also a well-established brand when it comes to home appliances and its flagship model is the Butterfly Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker.
Butterfly pressure cookers are popular for their elegant design and efficiency, going through several iterations and changes over time.
You will be able to cook food for about 4-7 people with a capacity of 5 liters, thus making it ideal for large families. Butterfly has a 3-liter option as well for the same cooker model.
The cooker ‘s construction is unparalleled, compatible to work on both induction cooktops and standard stoves too. The base is like a very thick capsule that helps withstand high heat and prevents food burning.
Thanks to its very thick and bold foundation this pressure cooker is fast in service. This foundation is non-stick from inside, and therefore does not promote burning as such.
It also features a different uni-lock mechanism. Lock once the fear of not opening the cooker by mistake or owing to excessive pressure.
The gasket vent comes with a safety valve to relieve undue pressure if, due to blockage, the main pressure valve fails to operate at the time thus ensuring greater protection.
The cooker is easy to clean and is peel proof and cooktop compatible with induction. A 5-year manufacturer’s warranty for the cooker is offered to you.
- Gasket release system which also serves as a protection feature
- Strong reliability for longer service life
- Clean and quick to treat
- Aesthetic style for successful conduction of heat
- 5 Years Warranty
- ISO accredited to guarantee both consistency and protection
- Often the whistle can not give the buzzing sound to show the level of safety at the strain.
6. Elgi Ultra Stainless Steel Diet Cooker – Best Pressure Cooker
- AISI 304 Stainless Steel with Heat-resistant bakelite handles with twin screws, for longer-life.
- No Charring: High-Impact Bonded Base, Helps Prevent Burning And Sticking Of Food.
- Fast Cooking: High-impact bonded base, aids in faster cooking
- Stays Warm For Longer: Keeps food warm for up to 2 hours, 10-Year Warranty (not applicable on the starch remover).
- SATIN FINISH: Non-stick inside finish for easy cleaning
Elgi Ultra is a cooker made of stainless steel that can look like any other ordinary cooker, but with its induction base it differs from others.
This base allows the cooker to heat up faster by collecting more heat from the stove and thus helps to reduce fuel consumption.
The AISI 304 Stainless Steel material also has bakelite handles that are heat resistant. They, in turn, have twin screws that give them a longer life.
In addition , as stated, the cooker ‘s base is induction in nature and is made from a high impact bonded base. This ensures the cooker doesn’t charr / burn and doesn’t stick food to the bottom and makes it that easy to clean your work.
Besides the uniform cooking property that is anti-charing, the bonded base also helps in super-fast operation. The container ensures the food cooked inside stays warm for up to 2 hours for a very long time.
The starch stainer that comes with the cooker helps extract starch from the rice, quinoa or millet, or anything you cook by boiling. Removal of starch from your rice will help to may every meal by as much as 30 calories.
Overall satin finish, this non-stick and high-performance pressure cooker comes with a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty on any manufacturing defects during the warranty period. Remember the starch stainer is not protected by this warranty.
- Comes in 5.5 and 3 litre
- Built from high quality material AISI 304 Stainless Steel
- Heat-resistant twin-screw bakelite manages longer life
- Bonded foundation with anti charing
- Holds food warm for more than 2 hours
- Starch strainer to stabilize starch
- 10 Years Fabricant Warranty
- Precautions should be taken when it is being washed because this may lead to scratches.
7. Hawkins Multipurpose Pressure Cooker – Best Pressure Cooker
No products found.
Hawkins has served middle class Indian cookers of premium quality since 1959. The Hawkins Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker that comes in capacity of (2,3,4,5,6,8 & 10) litres.
This cooker has been tested and certified for its reliability and protection by Underwriters Laboratories Inc., the US. (Title No. SA5984).
The Hawkins Pressure-Locked Safety comes with a special safety feature to lock into the door. The Hawkins remain locked, unlike normal pressure cookers which burst open when there is too much pressure inside. This ensures greater protection during use.
In addition to operating on a traditional gas stove, this steel pressure cooker is designed to work on induction, electronic, ceramic and even halogen cooktops. The cooker is made of 100 per cent Food-Grade stainless steel with an extra thick base of 5.8 mm.
The base can stay flat, still, and not offer hot spots like most cookers in isolated regions. Therefore you should expect uniformly cooked and heated dishes faster than ever before. No bulging, no separation. The curved base makes it suitable not only for cooking under pressure but also for stirring and frying too.
Typical pressure cookers have a rubber gasket that has to be replaced each time. The Hawkins comes with a longer lasting gasket contained inside the cooker. The durability is due to the fact that when the cooker is opened and closed it does not always get rubbed. It also has no space to react to any cooked acidic fruit / vegetables in the vessel.
In the cooker, you have an automatic safety valve which deflects the stream gushing down from the cooker. Cooking safely and with music. The handles are ergonomic and are comfortable even at high temperatures when the cooker is heated.
In addition to the manufacturer’s 5-year warranty, the cooker also comes with a cookbook. A comprehensive instruction book that will help you get the most out of your pressure cooker. This includes also a range of recipes tested for you to play with.
- Within locking feature to improve safety
- Rubber gaskets have a long existence
- External Access Valves
- Visually Pleasing Style
- Flat floor, so no hot spots to cook unevenly
- Book on Free Recipes
- 5 Years warranty to manufacturer.
- Under the Gasket, made the opening area slightly less sharp to avoid accidental cuts.
No products found.
8. Prestige Deluxe Stainless Pressure Cooker -Best Pressure Cooker
- Content: Prestige Deluxe Alpha Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker 5.5 L
- Net Quantity: 1 Unit
- Well-insulated handle with double screws for easy durability and comfort
- Highly durable stainless steel body that provides sturdiness
- Convenient pressure indicator and Alpha Base induction bottom
Since its debut in 1955, Reputation has been associated with Indian cookers and since then, there has been no looking back. The body of this cooker is made of high grade stainless steel, available in 5.5 liter and 3 liter versions.
The prestige deluxe has a safety device of 3 tiers, consisting of a
Weighted valve: – which does not go off because of the cooker ‘s small pressures), Controlled Gasket Release:- For gradual release so the cooker does not burst open.
Metallic Safety Plug:- This means the steam pressure boiling inside the cooker remains inside the cooker and does not come out of it.
Since the alpha base is made of aluminum alloy, it improves heat conductivity and is stronger than pure stainless steel with lower heat conductivity properties.
Insulated handles on the sides make their holding convenient. It also features the simple locking mechanism to quickly open the door.
Since this cooker has a capacity of 5.5 liters, you can easily cook for 5-8 people and serve food. The lower 3 liter version is suitable for families approximately 3-4 in size.
Cleaning it is also easy as it is also dishwasher safe and it does not develop any stains. And you need not put in any extra effort to hold it.
The best part is not only that this cooker has a great performance but it also gives you a 10 year warranty from the maker.
- Strong endurance and resilience
- 3 Niveau monitoring framework
- Pure stainless steel with concrete frame in aluminium
- Simple to lock mechanism
- Suitable for Induction as well as LPG gas stove
- Corrosion resistant;
- ISI standard mark and health mark
- Ten Year Garantie
- Heavy enough to keep it
Frequently Asked Questions – Best Pressure Cooker
1. What is the difference between Natural Release, Quick Release and Cold-Water Release?
These are the three types of pressure release techniques used to cook various types of food.
Natural Release: Recommended for frothy foods , high-liquid foods, large pieces of meat and all other foods which can be overcooked without any problem. You abandon the cooker and the heat is going to drop on its own.
Fast release: Used for food products with as short cooking time as possible. This includes soft vegetables, fish, with vegetables added halfway through cooking. If the cooking is done you push and pull the steam release lever.
Cold Water Release: The quickest way of cooking a stovetop pressure cooker. Place the cooker under a tap, run the water over the top, on both sides. Never put the valve underwater.
2. What are the don’ts while using a pressure cooker?
There are several things that are extremely prohibited and you have to inquire about the same or read in the instruction manual. Another is when you open the cooker ‘s lid after the cooking has been finished, open it in the opposite direction. Following all the instructions listed in the manual, you will find it easier to get accustomed to a fast pressure cooker.
3. Is it safe to cook in an Aluminum Pressure cooker?
Aluminum isn’t as dangerous as lead but neither is it healthy for you. Aluminum is susceptible to acidic food products such as tomato, lemon, and tamarind, which are used extensively in Indian cooking. If you’re sure you ‘re not going to cook something bad then you’re going to have an aluminum cooker, if not sure, stop buying it first.
4. Is health factor a concern while cooking in a pressure cooker?
Yes, water can contribute to the loss of some of the nutrients, which is used to cook the ingredients inside the cooker. The other element is the acid reaction which plays a major role in messing up with the food’s nutrients. Therefore, you need to find a material that is not sensitive to acids, and also the material that is a high heat conductor to ensure that nutrients are held. In this case, the anodized pressure cooker has all the merits one would try when buying the product
5. Does the lid of the cooker play a role in the safety of the cooker and which one better?
Yeah, since the cooker ‘s mechanism is pressure cooking and thus the lid must be tight to prevent loose lid complications for sure. As far as the mechanism is concerned, the inside-lid cooker types are highly effective and we recommend them over the outer-lid cooker types.
6. Can I cook small amount of food with a big pressure cooker?
Both the small-sized cookers and the large-sized cookers use a similar time period. So, that depends entirely on your interest. You may want to buy a larger cooker and yet cook smaller portions. Smaller models, however, are easier to use and thus will cost less. Take the scale according to your interests.
7. Are there any other types of pressure cookers than the regular ones which work on the stove?
Yeah, there are two types of pressure cookers commonly available on the market. The first is the stovetop pressure cookers that we spoke about in the blog and the other is the electric cooker. The stovetop pressure cooker is highly preferable, however, because you can cook several kinds of things in it, in comparison to the other cooker, i.e. the electric cooker, which people use mostly for cooking rice. But they both have distinct roles.
8. What are the best pressure cooker brands in India?
Prestige, Pigeon, Hawkins and Bajaj are the 4 brands which are most common in India. They all have insurance and provide repayments at their service centres. You should go for Butterflies or iBell in addition to these.
Why would you want to buy a Best Pressure Cooker?
You know that without a pressure cooker you can cook food of any kind so why would you like to buy a pressure cooker?
Well, the pressure cooker first came onto the market in the 17th century and has been on the market without ever losing its influence ever since. Why are so many people fascinated with a pressure cooker?
Here are the advantages-
They cook faster
That is the key reason you ‘d like to invest in a pressure cooker. It’s swifter than any other form of cooking. Although cooking a pot of soaked grains takes 30 to 50 minutes, a pressure cooker does the same job in under 10 minutes.
Adds importance to diet
Pressure cooker involves a method of cooking which is closed and fast. The lids stay closed, thinking about the process of cooking. Both pots and pans that take longer to cook evaporate the food moisture and the nutrients lose their value. Although a closed lid pressure cooker traps all the moisture in and also retains the food products nutrients and vitamins.
Pressure cookers are generally very easy to clean, since they cook when closed, removing all the splatters, spills, and crumbs that would leave a regular pan on the surface of the burner.
No taste loss
The pressure cooker uses the pot liquids and it remains in, which in any case does not cause any of the products to evaporate or take away the flavour. Your food will taste better on the nose, because the food’s tastes remain together with the vitamins.
Secure to wear
If you are afraid of high-pressure cooker busting then rest assured as it has become an old story now. Manufacturers are introducing more and more safety features to the pressure cookers with newer technologies and developments. This makes them also the safest choice to cook your favorite dishes, absolutely free.
Tips on Using a Best Pressure Cooker
Looking at a pressure cooker you can feel overwhelming and at the same time difficult, but you can learn how to use a pressure cooker with a few measures. Here are steps below
Wrapping up this, Prestige Deluxe Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker is our best choice from the list above. The long-lasting durability, quality reliability, health, good design, and the warranty duration most importantly.
All of these traits make it the best choice. What’s your favorite culinary style and why? Please let us know in the comments below.